I’ve been thinking about this project for a long time. Since I have all this job-less free time, I finally got off my lazy butt and made it happen.
Almost … as you can see, I’m still in thew pre-sewing phase.
I “think” I stole this idea from Made (Dana Made It). Man, her blog and family are just adorable. I want to be her friend.
Step 1: I took scraps of fabric, made a heart template (out of a thick perfume ad from Cosmo) and started cutting. Well, I started putting on movies and casually started cutting …
End result – tons and tons of hearts!
Step 2: Put on more movies and start pinning. That random pile of ribbon is just leftover ribbon. Every time I see a strand of ribbon I hoard it away.
As you can see, I’m hanging them vertical instead of horizontal. I though horizontal would just look floppy.
They are double sided and ready for some rough stitching. You’ll totally be able to see the thread, and that’s what I wanted. Kind-of rough looking and homemade-y.